VIENNA CLASSICAL MUSIC ACADEMY 5th INTERNATIONAL STRING CHAMBER ORCHESTRA MUSIC COMPOSITION COMPETITION - 2024
COMPETITION RULES & REGULATIONS
1. The competition is open to composers of all ages and nationalities
2. Applications are made according to the principles in this specification.
3. The subject of the composition is free.
4. Works that have been published before but have not won a competition can participate.
5. Compositions should be prepared as PDF and submitted anonymously.
6. Composers should not write their credentials on the score
7. Participants from the time this application, declared that it accepts all the rules of the competition and be deemed to have committed
8. Participants can apply at www.viennaclassicalmusic.org, the official website, by uploading all the necessary documents from the application tab. The competition results will be published here on the competition page and the social media of the Vienna Classical Music Academy.
*The competition will be held under 1 main heading.
String Chamber Orchestra Composition Competition
*Sections of the works should be presented in A4 format until 20.03.2024 in PDF format.
*The length of the works is limited to a maximum of 15 minutes. (There is no minimum time limit)
*The Orchestration of works can include the maximum following instruments enrolment
INSTRUMENTS THAT CAN BE USED IN THE STRING CHAMBER ORCHESTRA COMPOSITION COMPETITION
STRINGS: 6pax 1st violin, 5pax 2nd violin, 4pax viola, 3pax violoncello, 2pax contrabass
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE COMPETITION
* ID of the participant.
* Resume and contact information of the participant (e-mail, telephone)
* Photo of the participant at least 300 dpi resolution
* Confirmation letter and parental identity stating that he/she will participate in the contest received from his parents for participants under the age of 18. (for confirmation letter please click here) / Wix web looking )
* A receipt showing that the application fee for the competition has been paid by any of the options specified on the payment tab on the website.
* Participants are required to send the PDF file (Max 100 Mb) of their works. They can send mp3 files (Max 100Mb) if they want.
* It is not possible for the competitors to impose any copyright or restriction on all audio and video recordings at each stage of the competition organized by the organization. All broadcasting rights of the contest belong to the institution organizing the contest.
PARTICIPATION FEE FOR THE COMPETITION
65 EURO for each participant in the Strings Chamber Orchestra Piece Composition Competition (for only 1 application)
IMPORTANT NOTE about the participation fee:
* Participants have the right to participate in this competition with as many works as they wish. However, the amount to be paid at the time of application must be paid separately for each work.
*The winning work of the String Chamber Orchestra Composition Competition will be performed by the Wiener Stadtorchester (Vienna City Orchestra) Audio-video recording of the work will be taken.
*All participants who have won a degree in the competition are invited to the concert and award ceremony. Accommodation, transportation, and all kinds of expenses belong to them.
* The works will be evaluated by the determined juries.
* The decision made is final and cannot be changed.
* Contact about the competition with the members of the jury is definitely a reason for disqualification.
20th March 2024 Application deadline.
1st April 2024 Announcement of the results.
11th May 2024 Award ceremony and concert of the winner of the String Chamber Orchestra Composition Competition with Wiener Stadtorchester (Vienna City Orchestra) in Vienna Palais Ehrbar - Concert Hall.