VIENNA CLASSICAL MUSIC ACADEMY 4th INTERNATIONAL COMPOSITION COMPETITION “Spring” - 2023
COMPETITION RULES & REGULATIONS
1. The competition is open to composers of all ages and nationalities
2. Applications are made according to the principles in this specification.
3. The subject of the composition is free.
4. Works that have been published before but have not won a competition can participate.
5. Compositions should be prepared as PDF and submitted anonymously.
6. Composers should not write their credentials on the score
7. Competitors from the time this application, declared that it accepts all the rules of the competition and be deemed to have committed
8. Participants can apply at www.viennaclassicalmusic.org, the official website, by uploading all the necessary documents from the application tab. The competition results will be published here on the competition page and the social media of the Vienna Classical Music Academy.
*The competition will be held under 2 main headings.
1) String Chamber Orchestra Composition Competition
2) Chamber Music Composition Competition
* Sections of the works should be presented in A4 format until 30.04.2023 in PDF format.
* The length of the works is limited to a maximum of 15 minutes. (There is no minimum time limit)
*The Orchestration of works can include the maximum following instruments enrolment
INSTRUMENTS THAT CAN BE USED IN THE STRING CHAMBER ORCHESTRA COMPOSITION COMPETITION
STRINGS: 6pax 1st violin, 5pax 2nd violin, 4pax viola, 3pax violoncello, 2pax contrabass
INSTRUMENTS THAT CAN BE USED IN THE CHAMBER MUSIC COMPOSITION COMPETITION
WOODWINDS: flute, oboe, clarinet , bassoon, saxophone
BRASSES: horn in f, trumpet , trombone
STRINGS: violin, viola, violoncello, contrabass
IMPORTANT NOTE about the Chamber Music Composition Competition
A minimum of 2 and a maximum of 5 instruments should be used from the above-mentioned instruments.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE COMPETITION
* ID of the participant.
* Resume and contact information of the participant (e-mail, telephone)
* Photo of the participant at least 300 dpi resolution
* Confirmation letter and parental identity stating that he/she will participate in the contest received from his parents for participants under the age of 18. (for confirmation letter please click here) / Wix web looking )
* A receipt showing that the application fee for the competition has been paid by any of the options specified on the payment tab on the website.
* Contestants are required to send the PDF file (Max 100 Mb) of their works. They can send mp3 files (Max 100Mb) if they want.
* It is not possible for the competitors to impose any copyright or restriction on all audio and video recordings at each stage of the competition organized by the organization. All broadcasting rights of the contest belong to the institution organizing the contest.
55 Euros for each participant in the Strings Chamber Orchestra Piece Composition Competition
(for only 1 application)
45 Euros for each participant in the Chamber Music Composition Competition (for only 1 application)
IMPORTANT NOTE about the participation fees:
• Participants have the right to participate in any of these 2 competitions or 2 separate competitions with as many works as they wish. However, the amount to be paid during the application must be paid separately for each work.
*The winning work of the String Orchestra Composition Competition will be performed by the Wiener Stadtorchester . (Vienna City Orchestra) Audio-video recording of the work will be taken.
* The winning piece of the CHAMBER MUSIC COMPOSITION COMPETITION will be performed by an ensemble consisting of members of the Wiener Stadtorchester (Vienna City Orchestra). Audio and video recordings of the work will be taken.
*Those who are deemed worthy of the award and those who wish to attend the award ceremony are responsible for their own transportation and accommodation.
*Only the contestants who participated in the competition and were at the Vienna Mozarthaus on 28.05.2023 will receive a Mozarthaus museum entrance card. This card is valid only for the contestant.
* The works will be evaluated by the determined juries.
* The decision made is final and cannot be changed.
* Passing about the competition with the members of the jury is definitely a reason for disqualification.
30.04.2023 Application deadline.
8th May 2023 Announcement of the results.
27.05.2023 Award ceremony and concert of the winner of the String Chamber Orchestra Composition Competition with Vienna City Orchestra in Vienna Palais Ehrbar - Ehrbar Saal
28.05.2023 Award ceremony and concert of the winner of the Chamber Music Category with
Vienna City Orchestra at the Mozarthaus in Vienna.